A Very Successful Summit
Thank you to all who attended the Ovarian Cancer Summit on September 15th. It was a beautiful day full of information and support. Over 100 people registered for the event, 69% of whom were ovarian cancer survivors, and many of the rest, their caregivers. COCA and the Ovarian Cancer Task Force were delighted to award a total of 24 scholarships. Participants came from Colorado, Wyoming, Florida, California, and Oregon to attend.
Quotes from participants on the Post-Summit evaluations indicated that participants were very satisfied with the results:
- "I want to thank you and all those who participated and worked so hard at Saturday’s event. It was beyond compare. I came away totally empowered and infused with new hope. I appreciate my scholarship and the opportunity to attend the event so much."
- "All the information was very informative and provided me with a sense of control an calm. It was a positive day for me. I'm glad I attended the Summit."
- "You and your work force at COCA and OCTF did an AMAZING JOB of compiling valuable information, resources and speakers. The Summit was a wealth of knowledge and successfully created a sense of community. I deeply appreciate the phenomenal efforts and brainstorming to assemble a most positive and memorable day that provided so much HOPE!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you."
- "Just wanted to congratulate you on the great job you did organizing and putting on the Ovarian Cancer Summit yesterday! It was so well run, flowed so effortlessly, and had such a great program! I heard nothing but positive feedback from everyone I talked to."
- "Everything was outstanding, more informative than last OCNA conventions I attended."
- "The entire day restored my hope. Thank you!"
If you missed the Summit, you can find all presentations and notebook materials here.
The success of the day was due in very large part to our force of incredible volunteers! Thank you!And the day would not have been possible without the help of our donors and sponsors:
- The Ovarian Cancer Task Force: COCA, Cheryl Shackelford Foundation, HERA Women’s Cancer Foundation and Sue DiNapoli Ovarian Cancer Foundation
- Colorado Cancer Coalition
- The kind generosity of Private Donors whose contributions enabled the task force to award over 10 scholarships
- And our In-Kind Donors: Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Print Pointe, Sage Hospitality, Downtown Denver Courtyard Marriott, The Oxford Hotels, The Curtis Hotel, Ricoh, Commercial Binding Corporation, Larabar, Bath & Body Works, The Tea Spot, Red Mango, and Hard Rock Café Denver.
Most of all we thank our community of survivors for inspiring us with their tremendous courage and for their devotion to the cause.
Presentation materials have been posted to the COCA website.
and the kind generosity of Private Donors